Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Words of wisdom from my little man

Today I was talking with Roger (age 5) about baptism and how he will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost after his baptism. I was afraid he might not understand what I meant, so I explained further that the gift of the Holy Ghost is not something you can see or hold, but something that you feel. I was surprised when his eyes grew wide and he said, "Mom, I don't have to wait for that, I can feel it in my heart right now! Don't you feel it in your heart, mom?" I said yes as my eyes filled with tears. Roger continued, "Mom, Jesus is going to send us more children." Roger repeated this statement three times and it filled my heart with joy. I am certain that God understands my desire to have more kids and that he has also heard my prayers and knows of my worries and concerns on the matter. I feel very blessed to have such a sweet spirited little boy in my life. I pray that Roger continues to listen to his feelings as he grows and that he will someday become a diligent and dedicated missionary. I love my children with all my heart. They are the most incredible blessing I have or will ever receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment